The European Juvenile Justice Observatory will try to develop its objectives by carrying out the following activities:
- The strengthening of the close cooperation with and between entities and associations in the field of juvenile justice, universities and public administrations, as well as with European institutions.
- The creation of working groups, networks of experts and committees within Europe on prevention, intervention, conflict resolution and social integration.
- Contributing to the creation of documentary and statistical databases regarding the main object of the Observatory.
- Carrying out Advocacy and advice work within the Observatory’s usual sphere.
- Contributing to the elaboration of proposals and recommendations regarding the application of juvenile justice policies.
In order to carry out these action lines, the EJJO has at its disposal the European Council for Juvenile Justice as a central work, study and analysis. Representatives of public administrations from the Member States, universities and academic centres and non-governmental organisations, all related to juvenile justice in Europe, can be part of it.